Friday, June 1, 2007

Darfur


The picture above is from the New York Times, by Ben Sargent. I wanted to put this there because it still seems like hardly anyone knows about the genocide that is occuring in Darfur. How does the death of thousands of people go unnoticed?
There is one thing, one thing at my school about Darfur--a poster. And the poster just happens to be covered up by another poster stating that it's not too late to buy yearbooks. That's right. Death and killing--one of Africa's holocausts, was pushed aside for yearbooks.
I wrote in the school newspaper (which I write for anyway) about Darfur a year and a half ago. I'm part of the Darfur Coalition and regularly write my congressmen or Bush or something. Seriously, why can't others do this?
Everyone always wonders why the Germans didn't know a holocaust was going on. I'll tell you: ignorance and arrogance. The same thing is happening right now, but in the United States and all around the world. Please, if anyone is reading this, don't let another day go by, don't let another poor child die or lose his home, do something to help. It is so important.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment



Template by:
Free Blog Templates