Monday, August 27, 2007

College Life: Is it for Me?

It's been a while yet again. Sorry about that to the absolutly no people who are reading this. And that's okay. Why would I want thousands of strangers knowing what I'm doing and what my life is; it's not like I'm Paris Hilton.

I'm at college right now. My second day. There's no classes yet; it's basically orientation all over again. I don't know anyone, too introverted to go up to someone and say: why are you wearing a kilt? or why do you have a blow-up doll in the form of a half-naked french maid? Both questions of which I am dying to ask. I don't really know how I'm liking it to tell you the truth. I mean, it's not terrible or anything, but like the title of this post asks: is it for me? I hope so. I hope I don't freak out and drop out. That would be absolutly horrible. I don't want to be like that. I really don't.

Nothing has really happened over the past two days that are worth mentioning. It's been kind of boring but scary at the same time. Most of the time I'm saying "hi, I'm Heather. What? Oh, I'm from Ceres which is near Olean which is south of Buffalo." Then they (the person I'm talking to) responds in kind. And I forget their names seconds after that. Oh well. What am I supposed to do; take post-it-notes with me and write down names with descriptions? Lynsey: girl with red hair and braids who I talked to in Cooper. How great. No, thanks not really my sort of thing.

I was down at the lake about a half hour ago. I was feeling inspired and corny. Let me type what I wrote:

As I write this, my feet are dangling in Lake Ontario, feeling, and melting in, teh ebb and flow of the waves. It is my second day here at SUNY Oswego. I don't know anyone and, being that I'm an introverted person, haven't met that many people; that's the hardest part, thus far, of college. But, as I look out into the horizon that is almost seamless with the blue water and sky becoming one, I feel that my future is as bright as the sun that is warming me now.

Told you it was corny. Anyway, I'm going to go. Bye! :-)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment



Template by:
Free Blog Templates