Sunday, June 29, 2008

I missed church today. I have no idea how I did it; I had no idea I even did it until I got there. The first sentence (and half of the title) isn't completely true--I was there for the last ten minutes. It's no wonder people (including a little girl who was the worst) were giving me bad looks! Ugh., Last week I went to a Catholic church, which was okay except I didn't know what to do or when to do it or what to say and why we were doing/saying these things, and I missed church this week. I'm seriously sad now.

Sundays are supposed to be happy & joyful. This one hasn't been. So I will ponder something that is happy and joyful: God's love.

If we look at one of the most famous verses--John 3:16--we can see the entent of His love. "For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten son..." This is the kind of love every girl (& probably every guy) is dying for in human relationships. God brought himself down to Earth in the form of our Savior and suffered so we could have a relatively happy existence and live eternally. [This is a blueprint for how I want every relationship I ever have; I want this kind of love; God shows us how unselfish we should be toward others (must work on this)].

Anyway, it is hard to believe that we, horrible sinners that we are, are worthy of such a wonderful gift. But we are; He deemed us worthy before we were even born! He doesn't care if I will (most likely) never be a size 2 or if my hair is all a mess when I first wake-up (and even sometimes after that!) He doesn't care that I have blonde moments & can't spell certain words. He Loves Me!

And you know what? I love Him. I know that my life is better now. I no longer have huge stomach aches whenever I think of my own death. I am still afraid, but it's better now that I have something to look forward to. I am completed by having God & Christ in my life. And although He is willing to give me a second chance, third chance, 576,495,691,328th chance and more, I am gonna try my hardest not to take these. Obedience to a few things that are good for you anyway is a small price to pay for a love as amazing as the one He gives me. A very small price.

1 Comment:

  1. ShannAn said...
    I love seeing how much you have grown. Yes, you missed church, but you took this opportunity to write about His love for us, and that shows a lot! I love how you put in bold He Loves Me. He DOES Heather, so very much. Anyways, you brought some encouragement to me today, so thanks! I miss ya hun!!

Post a Comment



Template by:
Free Blog Templates