Thursday, September 18, 2008

Crashing Down

I'm listening to the Mat Kearney song on Padora Radio (which all you should check out because it's pretty much amazing), which is why that's the title of this post.

I'm sitting in the library, where I have been for approximately two and a half hours according to facebook and I am a-l-o-n-e. Shonda was supposed to come but I guess she didn't get the chance, which is fine, it's just that sitting in a room by yourself is absolutely no fun and makes you tired very often.

I don't know what is going on with my life to tell you the truth. Sometimes, I just want to be alone and concentrate on one person, but I hate being alone a lot and people often don't have time or, I don't know, just don't see the point. A lot of people have talked about this, I know, but maybe it's because I'm sort of cranky or something. Whatever. I'm not being coherent right now. Haha.

I talked with Bongo Man last night. I was supposed to be studying philosophy more than talking but it didn't turn out that way. He was having kind of a crappy day and people don't want to talk about studying nevermind do it when their day has sucked big time. We ended up talking about what he wants to do with his life, which is awesome. He actually wants to change the world for the better. Some people may feel like in order to do that, you must be Christian and try to save everyone, and that is remarkably important, but we must remember that Jesus was also about having love for those who didn't have anything else. He protected people who would otherwise be stoned or shunned or cast away. Bongo Man realizes this in some way; he gets it, though he doesn't realize it's God who's putting this sort of stuff on his heart but he will, I think.

It's interesting on people can do that; they will go into social work or something and not care about God, maybe even be an atheist, yet it is God who is leading them in that position. I really think that. He still cares about us, even those among us who don't believe. He made us with such creativity, knowing what was going to happen in our lives, knowing what to put in us in order to help us with our futures. People just don't realize that.


I think the title of this post is oddly appropriate, though it wasn't supposed to be. I am crashing down into a new year, into a new self of some sort. I'm not sure if it will be a pretty crash landing, but I know that it is going to be an experience to remember.

2 Comments:

  1. Kelly said...
    I like your post, Heather. And I like that song too!

    Are we still watching that movie in the library tonight? text me with the answer :)
    also, thanks for following my blog!! you're my first official follower. haha, that sounds funny.
    ShannAn said...
    Lovely post! Really, and I am so excited that you are reaching out to Bongo Man

    :)

Post a Comment



Template by:
Free Blog Templates