Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Then there is

There are some things,
some horrible days,
where thoughts flood my brain.
Debris of emotions hit me with the force of the tide.

Why did you do that?
Why did you eat that?
What were you thinking?
You weren't.
You never do.
They think this about you.
They're right; you are. You always have been.
How could he love you?
You are worse than them.
In this group, you're the awful one.
In this body, you are the sick one. (Matthew 18:9)
In this life, you are the liar, the immoral one.
Do you know what happens? (Rev. 21:8)
It all hits me.
All at
once.
Then there are the people around me.
There are the he's around me.
he's
nice
atheist
trouble
not for you
into you?
absolutely NOT
christian
nope. look away.
bad news for you
in a "relationship"
nice to you, not to your friends
in love
not with you
Then there's Him.
He's
a friend
someone who's there
doesn't think those things
oh so forgiving
caring
loving
wonderful
in love
with you
Oh how i wish i could find a holding place in Him.
A holding place to keep me from
the awfulness which comes in torrents down
on my head.

3 Comments:

  1. Dee said...
    heather, i love this!! isnt it great to know you can always trust in Him even if you can't trust anyone else? always praying for you! Judging other people is something I know a lot of us need to work on, because no one has given us that right, therefore, it is not up to us, only God. definitely something i've been working on a lot lately.

    <3 Dee
    Kelly said...
    I love this Heather! It's amazing :)
    I miss you !!!
    Mack said...
    OMG no I miss you too.. There has been so much this past week alone where i was dying to talk to you. Honestly when I was having the problems with max, and i was crying I really wanted to call you but I knew that you would be busy at lunch or something. I want to call you this weekend but I know your not in service... maybe if i can find your home number i keep losing it.. btw, If you come through Palmyra then you can so stop and visit and we will feed you and you can visit and all!

Post a Comment



Template by:
Free Blog Templates