Saturday, August 16, 2008

Reminiscence

I work with a lot of graduated seniors, so I've been thinking about the upcoming year and the one we left behind. As I look around my property, looking at the mountains, I know that I will miss this. I will miss not being able to see the Van Gogh painting that I seem to live in during the Fall. I adore my family for the most part, though I tend to make a hobby out of complaining about them in my spare time.

I will miss home but I am looking forward to the future, because I miss my other home. The one with all my OZ friends, the one with the crashing waves lulling me to sleep at night, the weird seagulls flying overhead. I miss the classes and the stress that I put myself under due to an immense amount of procrastination. I wish I could have the great conversations about God, our situations, our lives, other people that we used to have until five in the morning in the basement.

I miss the talks I have with Shannan about Ryan, God, everything, the talks with Ryan about Shannan, God, everything, the talks with Shonda and Kelly about Shannan and Ryan, God, everything. I miss Matt's back to me as he ignores everyone and plays on his computer. I miss Brian breathing annoyingly abnormally. I miss you!

The people I work with are scared but excited. I was like that once, more scared than excited, but similiar to the way they are now. I remember being homesick, being sick, being sad and depressed, being scared of failing pre-calculas and being mobbed by non-BASIC members and calling my mama, saying I wanted to come home so she could take care of me. But I also remember the amazingness of it all. And I miss it all.

3 Comments:

  1. ShannAn said...
    Oh Heather, I love you! I miss you so much, I can't wait to see your glowing face! This entry made me laugh but it also made me really sad. I miss all those times too! This next week won't be able to fly by fast enough!

    And you and Ryan better not be talking about me behind my back, haha, only you and I can do that about him!!!

    I can't wait to see you Heather, Love ya forevers!!
    Ryan said...
    Oh Heather, I love you! I miss you so much, I can't wait to see your glowing face! This entry made me laugh but it also made me really sad. I miss all those times too! This next week won't be able to fly by fast enough!

    And you and Shannan better not be talking about me behind my back, haha, only you and I can do that about her!!!

    I can't wait to see you Heather, Love ya forevers!!

    I wanted to see how far I could cop her, and I did it all the way! Sorta. I miss you so much. As soon as we get you all moved in, we need to hang out forever. And then we can go to Psych together on Wednesday. I got your comment on my blog, and I was gonna comment on your blog saying you NEVER write, but here is a fresh entry. Haha. Silly me. I miss you so so so much!!! I can't get over it. When we are at school, you are my other half. I can't picture life with out you. Well not really, I have had a good picture these past three months. Haha. But it is not to my liking at all! I am really happy you know how to spell calculus and I hope that this week goes super fast, so I can see that "glowing" face of yours! Miss you as always!

    Ryan
    ShannAn said...
    Ryan is a jerk face.

Post a Comment



Template by:
Free Blog Templates