Saturday, November 15, 2008

So I've began to write down my feelings about what I read in the Bible. I feel like some of the things are really encouraging and are simply what I am going through at the moment in my spiritual life. It's good to share so that's what I'm doing.

November 13, 2008
Evening Meditation
Isaiah 1

Since I messed up--again--today, some of this chapter really spoke out to me. "THough your sins are like scalet, they shall be as white as snow" (Is. 1:18) and "I will thoroughly purge away your dross and remove all your impurities (Is. 1:25). I have a lot of impurities; God has a lot of work to to in me. I do not want him to have to bleed my sins away anymore. I know I've said hat hundreds of times before, but it's true. I just want to be able to have some self-control. That is a fruit of the spirit I am desperate need of (Gal. 5:22). In order to do that, I must abide in You and Your Word- "no branch can bear fruit by itself; it must remain in the vine. Neither can you bear fruit unless you remain in Me" (John 15:4).
I must remain in You if I want self-control & not require my sins to be wiped away everday, to not have to be taken away. I need to "stop doing wrong, learn to do right!" (Is. 1:16c-17a). And in order to do that, I must rely on You.

November 14, 2008
Evening Meditations
Isaiah 2


The verse that really stuck out to me tonight was verse 22--"stop trusting in man who has but a breath in his nostrils. Of what account is he?"
I often rely on my own or others' strength. I don't really ask God to take everything and make me new. I mean, I do, but I don't hand myself over to Him and I need to.
I know that God is just waiting to make me in His likeness. Not just physically but mentally, emotionally, and spiritually as well. I have to hand myself over to HIm, to trust the one who created me.
I cannot go on with my own strength. I cannot continue taking advice from friends and family. I must lean on my Holy Father. He will help get me through it all.

November 15, 2008
Morning Meditations
Isaiah 41:10


"fear not, for I am with you; be not dismayed, for I am your God; I will strengthen you, I will help you, I will uphold you with My righteous right hand."
This verse, especially the "I am with you;" will most likely get me through this day unless something changes. I fell like I am forgotten by the people I care most about, that, since some anger is directed at me, I am nothing. And that is not true. "We love because He loved us first" (1 John 4:19).
The most Holy Being, my Father loved me. He knows the wrongs I do, yet His love continues. I may be hurt, I may feel as low as low can be, but He is with me, He will strengthen me, He will hold my hand and help me to safety. He loves me.

1 Comment:

  1. Kelly said...
    That's such a good idea to write down your reflections like that. I'm sure it'll bless you! I started doing something similar to this but I haven't really been keeping up with it. I think you've inspired me Heather Barrett ;)

    And you're right, He is with you :)

Post a Comment



Template by:
Free Blog Templates