Tuesday, March 13, 2007

First Blog; Lousy Day

Yay. Hasn't this been a great day! There was so much sarcasm in that sentence that I can see it dripping off. This day has just about sucked, and it started last night.
My mom came home last night from Aunt Deb's house. As soon as she came in, she starting complaining, "what happened to my house?" "why isn't your room clean?" blah blah blah. The worst part is, Mama isn't letting us play tennis anymore. She called me and Mimi out about three hundred times, yelling at us about all types of stuff, including the fact that practices are too late and Daddy has to get us to take us back home. First of all, practices are only that late until the courts are open; she didn't listen though. Of course not, she never does. It drives me crazy! It's just easier to go along with her too, so I told Mr. Sahm that we quit. I started crying I was so upset.
To make matters worse, yesterday I also went to talk to Mr. Di about the financial aid. I might have to go to a SUNY school; not that that's a bad thing, but I've already applied and been accepted to these schools. I'd have to go into at least $8,000 in debt in order to go to my first choice. I don't know about one of the school's I've been accepted to, but it doesn't matter. So basically, I have to beg for at least a couple more thousand.
You know, I got a salutatorian scholarship for 75% of the tuition for one school. The tuition is 30,500 dollars. I'm only getting about $9,000 on the financial aid. The scholarship calls for at the most about $22,800. Where did the other $13,000 go? I understand that they need(?) to take out what the state gives me so I won't be above what the college costs, but come one. I need about $11,000 in student loans in order to go there. Why can't they give me that?
I worked my butt off trying to get into these schools; my family doesn't have that type of money, I don't have that type of money! What is going on with this country?!? They expect me to go to college to get a good job, but I can't afford the freaking thing! This is so stupid! I'm third in my class, my GPA is about a 96. something and I can't afford to go to school. Anyway, I'll blog later.

1 Comment:

  1. Anonymous said...
    I can't believe that you only got 9,000 for college! Thats absolutly rediculouse! They better give you more money. Tell you what though, if they don't, then we'll start to get into the bank buisness. And by bank buissness, I mean bank robbing. And by bank robbing I mean eating Ben and Jerrys ice cream to help get rid of the pain and regret of you just going to a SUNY school. Sound good?

Post a Comment



Template by:
Free Blog Templates